Reliance Jio to use RCOM tower infrastructure for 4G services
- Reliance Jio Infocomm and Relaince Communications sign comprehensive agreement for sharing of towers infrastructure.
- Reliance Jio Infocomm to utilise up to 45,000 Sites from RCOM’s existing Nationwide Network for accelerated roll-out of its 4G services.
- Aggregate value of over Rs. 12,000 Crore (Over US$ 2 Billion) during lifetime of the agreement.
- Reliance Jio Infocomm and Relaince Communications to derive major benefits from sharing of Capital and Operating costs.
- Tower agreement follows inter-city Fiber sharing agreement signed as part of long term business co-operation framework
Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd. and Reliance Communications Ltd. today announced the signing of a definitive agreement for sharing of RCOM’s nationwide telecom towers infrastructure.
Under the terms of the agreement, Reliance Jio Infocomm will utilise upto 45,000 ground and rooftop based towers across RCOM’s nationwide network for accelerated roll-out of its state-of-the-art 4G services.
The agreement provides for joint working arrangements to configure the scope of additional towers to be built at new locations to ensure deep penetration and seamless delivery of next generation services.
This agreement follows the inter-city optic fiber sharing agreement already signed in April 2013 as part of a comprehensive framework of business co-operation between Reliance Jio Infocomm and Reliance Communications.
Latest posts by Telecom Uncovered (see all)
- OnePlus 2 Open Sales on 12 Oct - October 9, 2015
- Messaging and SMS World 2015 - October 7, 2015
- WiFi SPARK awarded contract to upgrade Park Holiday UK to gigabit Ruckus Wireless - October 5, 2015